My proxy is not working
- Check if Octo Browser work correctly using direct connection (without a proxy). If direct connection is not working, make sure that the Internet connection is active.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct proxy protocol (http / socks / ssh).
- If you are using a VPN, try disabling it (using a VPN affects response time). If you are not using a VPN, try turning it on and checking your connection: your ISP might have blocked access to the verification service.
- Make sure that your proxies are paid for and active, and that login and password are correct. Check their functionality in another application or through a proxy checker.
- Make sure that your proxies do not have specific restrictions, e.g., binding by IP, limited access to services (for example, a proxy working only with Facebook), remote DNS prohibition (unsupported DNS queries through a proxy).
- Make sure that you are not using a local proxy (in the forward mode), e.g., 127.0.0.1:port, while the client application that should connect to this proxy is closed.
The geolocation flag of the installed proxy in my profile is different from the proxy geolocation I bought. Checkers and services show an unexpected geolocation (flag).
- This can be explained by differences between our geolocation database and the database of the service you are checking the proxy with. In this case, you need to manually set the desired languages and timezone in the profile. Octo Browser uses a database that is maximally compatible with Google services.
Which checkers should I use to check my data substitutions?
We recommend using only well-established checkers, such as