“Component not found” notification
The "Component not found" notification means that Octo Browser components necessary for its correct operation are missing from your device. The components could have been deleted by an installed antivirus (or the Windows Defender), or were not downloaded completely due to an unstable Internet connection.
Solution for Windows
Add 2 folders to Windows Defender and/or your antivirus exclusion list:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Octo Browser. This is the folder where Octo Browser is installed by default. If your device does not have a Program Files (x86) folder, you can find Octo Browser in the Program Files folder (without x86).
- C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming\Octo Browser, where %USER% is your Windows username. This folder is usually hidden. To find it, press Win + R, enter %appdata%, and press OK. In the folder that opens, find the Octo Browser folder and copy the path to it.
To add exclusions to the Windows Defender:
- Select Start -> Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Windows Security > Virus and Threat Protection.
- In the Virus & Threat Protection Settings section, select Manage settings, and then in the Exclusions section, click Add or remove exclusions.
- Update the components in Octo Browser Settings (Settings -> Additional -> Update components). Do not launch profiles while updating components. Wait until the components are fully downloaded.
Solution for macOS
If you have antivirus software installed, add 2 folders of the Octo Browser application to the antivirus exclusions:
1. Finder -> Application -> Octo Browser.app
2. Finder -> **%USER%** -> .Octo Browser, where **%USER%** is your macOS username. This is a hidden folder. To find it, press the key combination "cmd" + "Shift" + "." on your keyboard. Hidden data will be displayed. Select the **.Octo Browser** folder.
- Update the browser components in Octo Browser Settings (Settings -> Additional -> Update components). Do not launch profiles while the components are being updated. Wait until the components are fully downloaded.
You can also consult our video tutorial “How to add Octo Browser components to anti-virus exclusion list”: